7 Qualities Of A Good Research Paper: A Guide For Students
A research paper is a tedious task that takes ample of your time and demands dedication and hard work on your end. You have to stay alert all the time and revise the content many times to keep it qualitative. There are various parameters that it has to go through.
The 7 most important elements are:
- Topic: The first and the foremost step is the selection of the topic. The major credit for the success of a research paper is based on the choice of the topic. The topic has to be interesting and informative at all cost. Apart from that it should neither be too vast nor too short. In both the cases, it will become a cumbersome task to manage the various sections.
- Clarity: Keep the format in your mind crisp and clear. If the content is not clear in your mind, it will stay obscure in the readers mind as well. Crisp and clear interpretations will keep the reader’s mind on track. There should be no ambiguity at all cost. If you think that the points are obscure, make it clear after carrying intense investigation, asking your supporting hands. They can be various resources, your professor, seniors, mentors or friends. In absence of this, it will not stay directional and will fail to set research methodology.
- Format: Follow a well defined format suggested by your professor. Begin with a title page. Write abstract afterwards. Table of Content will be the next step which will list all the contents. Thereby you should begin with chapter 1 which will be an overview of the topic. Chapter 2 will be the review of the literature. Chapter 3 will be about the methodologies involved and chapter 4 will be the analysis of the data. Discussion will be carried in chapter 5 and at last will be the bibliography and appendices section.
- Language: Keep the language simple so that it can be easily understood by the audience.
- No plagiarism: Never ever copy the content word by word from anywhere. If you have to copy, state it in works cited page.
- Grammar: It has to be written perfectly without any grammatical mistake.
- Word Count: Do not make your paper too lengthy or short. In order to maintain the word limit, never explain the content unreasonably. The content should be so written that curiosity, concentration and confidence are maintained till end. Use credible sources too.